Junior Back End Developer302
Isobar is a global full-service digital agency, creatively solving critical, complex client challenges in the digital era. We conceive, design and build innovative experiences, and we enable brand commerce by connecting powerful brand narratives with commercial interactions. We relentlessly focus on delivering "Ideas without limits," and take pride in helping clients transform business processes, disrupt industries and find new ways to connect with customers. Working with the Technology Team, you will support them with Back End development tasks. Including maintenance of existing sites, creation of new features and testing. The successful candidate will work closely with the Front-end Team to bring new projects to life. Will be responsible for developing solutions to project problems and testing other features to ensure they work as expected. The main tools of choice at Isobar are Ruby on Rails, PHP and WordPress. Demonstratable experience in one of these is a must.
Required Skills & Experience
- This role is open to anyone with up to 2 years experience
- Experience with web layout using HTML & CSS
- WordPress and/or Magento experience would be an advantage”.
- Comfortable with a server-side language - preferably PHP or Ruby on Rails
- Git experience
- Relational Database Experience - MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL - Must have the ability to query data and design necessary schemas.
- Must be able to write clear, well commented and maintainable code
- Previous experience in an agency or as a freelancer would be an advantage
Why work for us?
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discounted health insurance
- Day of your birthday off
- Weekly fruit delivery
- Tax saver commuter programme
- Educational assistance programme
- Staff discounted website
- Bike to work scheme
Dentsu Aegis Network is an equal opportunities employer. Dentsu Aegis Network values diversity and aspires to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and members of the travelling community.
Closing Date: 16/06/2017