Working Abroad - The Home Truths
Thursday 1st November
The Carolan Room, The National Concert Hall, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2.
Free to attend, all welcome.
Given how tough the business environment is for agencies in Dublin, it’s vital we start to look at ways we can seize opportunities in international markets. We know we have the creative and business talent.
There are already Irish agencies doing this currently: Digital specialists CKSK have opened offices abroad. Rothco won the global creative account for Tiger beer. Dialogue has been growing its international business over a number of years and multinational accounts are a significant part of their business. Come along listen and contribute to a frank exchange of views:
• Patrick Hickey, Managing Director, Rothco
• Cillian Kieran, Managing Director, CKSK
• Gary McLoughlin, Managing Director, Dialogue
The discussion will be chaired by Carolyn Odgers.
The purpose of the event:
This isn’t a puff piece for a particular company but an opportunity to hear from people who have done it.
• What are the opportunities? What are the risks? How can we win more work?
• The truth behind the costs, the truth behind the fee’s, the truth behind the challenge to a company’s existing operations
• As an industry are there ways in which we might cooperate outside of Ireland for international business? How can Enterprise Ireland help?
• Outsourcing work - just a cost advantage or something more?
• Building networks abroad