Ireland Young Lions Competition Entry Page
Wednesday 8th March
Free to attend, all welcome.
This year Ireland will be sending seven teams of young creatives to Cannes Lions. This is the largest number of Young Lions ever fielded by Ireland in the 62 year history of the festival.
Teams will compete in the national heats in Ireland in February/March 2017, with the winners proceeding to the International competition in Cannes from 17 - 24 June.
The Young Lions Ireland Competition 2017 encompasses seven categories this year: Print, Film, Media, Cyber, Design, PR and Young Marketers.
- Cyber (IAPI member agencies only;creative, media or digital agencies)
- Media (IAPI media member agencies and digital member agencies who buy media)
- Print (IAPI member agencies only)
- Film (IAPI creative and digital member agencies only)
- Design (freelance designers, anyone working in an Irish design agency & anyone working in design in IAPI member agency) - NO ENTRY FEE
- PR (PRCA, PRII & IAPI member agencies) - NO ENTRY FEE
- Young Marketers (see entry requirements below) - NO ENTRY FEE
To be eligible to compete in the Young Marketers competition the team must be made up of two young professional working for client companies that engage the services of advertising and communications companies. Freelancers are not eligible to compete in Young Marketers.
A full list of IAPI MEMBER AGENCIES, can be found here.
- There is no entry fee for Young Marketers, Design or PR.
- Every entry must be from a team of two members. This applies to ALL categories.
- Two people from different member agencies are able to enter as one team into the relevant categories.
- You must be under 30, born on or after 25 June 1986 and resident in Ireland. Note the competitions are not open to students (official Cannes Lions rules).
Full Terms & Conditions can be found here.
All briefs can be found here.
The full list of jury members is here.
Detailed descriptions of each category can be found here, with details on whether or not you willl have to present your submission in IAPI offices.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR ALL CATEGORIES EXCEPT YOUNG MARKETERS.
HOW TO ENTER
- Pay your entry fee (if required!) of €75 (per team) at the bottom of this page. You must include the category you are entering alongside your name. See example below.
- Submit materials to firstname.lastname@example.org as per the requirements before 5pm on Wednesday 8 March for Film, Cyber, Print, Media, PR and Design. Young Marketers have until 5pm on Friday 10 March. The subject line of your email must read: "CYL - (CATEGORY) - BOTH NAMES OF COMPETITORS"
- You must include full names and email addresses for both competitors.
- DO NOT include company branding on any materials submitted. This does not apply to the Young Marketers competition. You can use your agency email address when entering.
Full Name: Joe Bloggs - YOUNG MARKETERS
Attendee 2 Full Name: Jane Bloggs - YOUNG MARKETERS
We will not be accepting incomplete or uncategorised entries.
If you have any issues with payment, please contact email@example.com / 01 - 676 5991.
Best of luck to all of our competitors!