Art Direction for Digital
In association with D&AD
IAPI are offering members a 50% saving in comparison to doing this course in London.
"We want to get people addicted to this wonderful drug called digital". Alex Lampe
Aimed at print specialists looking to take on more digital work, Art Direction for Digital gives you six key tools which will make your life easier. Building on what you already know, you'll be inspired to try new approaches and learn how small tweaks to your existing workflow can save you hours of work.
“This session will give art directors the blueprint for something amazing to happen, to exploit the difference between conventional art direction and art direction for digital. Traditional print limits what an art director can achieve. Digital does the opposite. It opens up all sorts of possibilities.” – Alex Lampe.
- Appreciate the limitations on creating traditional print design work
- Understand the digital platforms used for a social campaign
- Apply six time saving tweaks to your existing workflow
- Approach digital projects more confidently
- Communicate more effectively with digital specialists and technologists
Who it’s for
- Art directors and print designers new to working in digital
- Anyone who’d like to get to grips with digital design in a quick and effective way
- Print specialists who’d like a better understanding of the possibilities of digital design
- Account people from conventional or digital agencies who are curious to understand the creative technicalities.
Your session Leader
Alex Lampe began his career at the award-winning design company, Lewis Moberly. In 2007, he became a founding partner of A+B Studios, an integrated brand agency with clients like Channel 4 and Domino Records. He’s most proud of the '3D: Printing the Future' exhibition that A+B Studio created for the Science Museum.
Identify 3 things that you would like to be able to do in digital, but currently can’t, and be prepared to discuss these in the workshop.
Please bring your laptop with you with Adobe Illustrator, a free verison of Sketch 3 and have an account with Invision, before the session.